Veterinary Compounding Pharmacy
Compounding veterinary medicines uses the latest veterinary knowledge and state-of- the-art technology, allowing specially trained veterinary pharmacy professionals to prepare customized medications to meet your pet's specific needs.
Veterinary compounding is an essential part of the veterinary pharmacy profession and was a standard means of providing prescription medications for pets and other animals before animal drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by veterinary pharmaceutical manufacturers. The demand for professional veterinary compounding has increased as veterinary professionals and owners realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available do not meet the needs of many pets, and that these pets often have a better response to a customized dosage form.
Our Veterinary compounding professionals can prepare:
- Unique dosage forms containing the best dose of veterinary medication for each pet.
- Veterinary medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches and "chewies".
- Veterinary medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- Combinations of various compatible Veterinary medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- Veterinary medications that are not commercially available.
- Our veterinary compounding professionals can formulate suitable medications as sublingual drops, oral and nasal sprays, rectal solutions and suppositories, and other customized dosage forms.
If your vet has written you a prescription for a compounded medicine, please send us a copy by email and we'll provide you a quote.
Please note a) our pharmacists will make your compounded medicine to order, so please allow an additional 2 business days on top of the usual order process b) compounded products generally have sensitive ingredients and/or shorter expiry dates. To ensure your medicine arrives with the least delay we only offer Expess Post as an option for compounded medications.